Girl Talk Thursday – How Do You Unwind?
This is actually something I need to explore. Alec tells me his workouts help him unwind. Truth be told, the only way you’d see me running is if Alec were running ahead of me, backwards, naked and wearing a powdered sugar doughnut cock ring. We have kids, it ain’t happening.
I used to take baths. Now when I’m in the bath I can hear the household noise going on & sit there and worry…is Alec letting Emmy practise her knife throwing routine again? Don’t get me wrong, he is completely capable and awesome with our kids – my brain, however, is not so awesome.
So, how do I unwind? Let’s bullet this shall we?
- Blogging. As I’m a new blogger, I am enjoying getting to know the community. Being able to write has been a great creative experience that I quite enjoy.
- Cleaning. What the fuck? I think my Enjoy-o-Meter is broken. Having a clean house seriously makes me less anxious. I’m trying to figure out how to keep all rooms clean simultaneously.
- Sex. Come on, you like it too. Even better with another person.
- Movies. I think because we see so few flicks in their entirety, when we do, I have to do a happy dance.
- Time to myself to do any of the above. It would be wicked to do all of the above in one day, but I think time would cease to exist.
Now, that’s done, a few things bear mentioning.
- Road trips are hands down my favourite things. It’s been about a decade a while since my last long road trip. And, let’s face it, hitting the road with a nearly 3 year old and an infant doesn’t sound like a good time. When one of them can drive, they can follow my car.
- I really like grocery shopping. Not unloading – that’s so not in my job description. But the actual being at the store part is good & if that’s my outing for the week (without kids) I am okay with that. I understand this makes me a freakshow, but I am okay with that.
This post is kind of a mess.