I love blueberries. They’re still in season so you should grab some before they’re gone! They’re so yummy pretty much any way you prepare them.
I’ve never made scones before. I don’t even know if these can be called Scones because I morphed about 5 recipes into what sounded good to me. I think I’m going to call them Mones (Muffin + Scones). If you can think of a better name, let me know.
Yield – should be 24, I got 33. Depends on how big you make them. You could also half this recipe & it would work.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if you’re using salted butter, omit this)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped to your liking (or walnuts)
- 1 cup white chocolate (I used chunks, but chips would totally work)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (if you use frozen, don’t thaw or your dough will be purple)
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), frozen
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Super yummy warm! Great with tea. I still have more blueberries to get through, so I’ll be doing another batch & freezing the dough for later. I did a raspberry batch (pics also below) and although they were okay, I prefer the blueberries. If you experiment, let me know!
Stay tuned for my Blueberry Peach Pie with Blueberry Ice Cream post!